In traditional “American Horror Story” fashion, “Coven” does not disappoint with its Halloween offering, titled “Fearful Pranks Ensue.” Here are some juicy, slightly spoiler-y tidbits to tide you over until Wednesday night.
- Yes, it is All Hallows Eve in New Orleans, which Madame LaLaurie thinks means they need to light the bonfires and ward off the evil spirits. Turns out … she’s not wrong. Are we accidentally watching AMC?
- The repercussions of Fiona’s visit to Marie Laveau and the sending of the Minotaur have reached a boiling point and from here on out, it looks like a war is brewing.
- The parallels of the magic war with the problems of race over this country’s history continue, it’s a well-done metaphor. We’re intrigued to find out how the magic war will eventually resolve itself.
- Meanwhile, the Council (above) stops by to investigate the disappearance of Madison. Myrtle (Frances Conroy) is highly suspicious of Fiona. They’ve been rivals since they were at Miss Robichaux’s Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies over 40 years ago.
- We get quite a bit of backstory about Spaulding and what his deal is. In keeping with “AHS” tradition, it’s disturbing and creepy. Of course.
- We also get a peek into more of Hank’s life and it definitely leaves us with questions about him.
- No Stevie Nicks this episode. Shame. But we do get Alexandra Breckenridge, so that’s fun.
“American Horror Story: Coven” airs Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.