Howard Stern is about to debut as the new judge on “America’s Got Talent,” NBC’s summer talent competition show. As such, he is making the media rounds to promote the show, appearing on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” Wednesday night (May 9) and “The Today Show” Thursday (May 10).
Here are some of his bon mots:
- “What a crazy idea, to put me on a family show. Somebody at NBC should be fired, don’t you think?”
- “I watch the show, I’m a fan of the show. I’m not going on the show to disrupt the beauty of ‘America’s Got Talent,’ ’cause I love the show.”
- “The more [the Parents Television Council] keep issuing these statements it makes me seem more interesting and more controversial.”
- “I watch ‘American Idol’ sometimes and those three judges, they don’t have a word of criticism and I think that’s selfish. I think you owe it to the contestants to offer criticism.”
- “I’m an honest judge and that’s what I think America needs.”
- “I want the level of judging brought up, I want it to be high-caliber.”
- On if Howie plays a practical joke on Howard: “I’m going to punch you as hard as I can in the nose … I guarantee you I can break your nose with my fist. And we’ve gotten along great.”
- “If we go there and make the judging about the judges, like I feel on ‘American Idol,’ Steven Tyler, J.Lo, Randy, they’ve become the big celebrities on the show … I think we should genuinely focus on the talent and make them the high priority … let’s really give them constructive criticism.”
We have to say – the more we see Howard Stern do press for “America’s Got Talent,” the better we feel about his judging position. What do you guys think?