Here are 10 of the best.
1. Cumberbatch, who has previously compared himself to an otter, also thinks that he looks like Sid from “Ice Age.” Judge for yourself.
2. Coffee makes Cumberbatch talk really quickly.
3. Did you realize that Cumberbatch has never really had a romantic lead? “I always seem to be cast as slightly wan, ethereal, troubled intellectuals or physically ambivalent bad lovers,” he says.
4. When Cumberbatch played the Shakespearean character of Rosalind in “As You Like It,” he was compared to Vanessa Redgrave.
5. Although most actors want their characters to return in movie sequels, Cumberbatch thinks not killing Khan at the end of “Star Trek into Darkness” was a mistake: “They should have just blown me up.”
6. Ted Danson and Harrison Ford have told Cumberbatch that they’re “Sherlock” fans.
7. One of Cumberbatch’s very first acting roles came when he was a student. “I played the queen of the fairies,” he says, speaking of Queen Titania in Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”
8. Sometimes, Cumberbatch gets tired of playing such intellectual giants. “I am so ready to play a really dumb character,” the actor says in his interview.
9. Cumberbatch knows that fans love his Sherlock Holmes. But he doesn’t think Sherlock would like the fans. “I always make it clear that people who become obsessed with him or the idea of him — he’d destroy you,” Cumberbatch points out. “He is an absolute bastard.”
10. When wearing a hoodie (as he did to avoid paparazzi), Cumberbatch thinks he looked “like Kenny in ‘South Park.'”