As summer comes to a close, so too must Season 2 of “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” But the First Family of Farting couldn’t sign off for the year without the most important event of 2013: Sugar Bear and Mama June‘s wedding.
In the hour-long finale on Wednesday (Sept. 11), the big day finally arrived and it happened in typical Honey Boo Boo fashion. Let’s recount the most outrageous moments from the wedding.
1. The wedding rehearsal the day before was marred with some serious rain, causing worry that the outdoor wedding would be washed out. June was especially concerned. “I just farted,” she told the cameraman. “It was a nervous fart.”
2. The night before the wedding Sugar Bear and June observed the usual traditions. You know the ones, the groom sleeps in a tent in the yard and the bride shaves all her neck hairs.
3. Sugar Bear and his groomsmen match June’s camouflage and orange dress with their orange vests and camo pants. The colors work especially well with the bridal party’s bright pink and blue dresses. Everyone’s favorite color combos.
4. June let viewers in on her something old, something new and something borrowed, something blue. Old? Her bouquet. What bride doesn’t want old, dyed flowers on her big day? New? A snow cone truck and candy bar. Blue? The inflatable water slide, of course. Is this a carnival? What is happening?
5. Pastor Dan, whose name was consistently presented in quotes, leading to questions of his legitimacy, let June pick out his outfit. It’s what can only be described as a camouflage jumpsuit designed to make their wedding officiant look like a pile of leaves.
6. The family dog begins the wedding and it takes him some time tog et down the aisle because, you know, he’s a dog.
7. Sugar Bear took June’s garter off with his teeth. We’ll leave that right there.
8. The happy couple were introduced at their reception as Mr. and Mrs. Bear because no one in this family is anything more than a cartoon character, it seems.
9. Sugar Bear and June drove off into the sunset on an ATV with tin cans strung behind. Did you expect anything else?
What was your favorite moment during the season finale of “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”?