On Tuesday (Sept. 6) royal sis-in-law Pippa Middleton celebrates her 28th birthday. In honor of the woman who has become something of a celebrity in her own right since her sister, Kate Middleton, married into the British royal family, we’ve compiled this list of Pippa trivia. They’re perfect little factoids for dropping into casual cocktail party talk:
1. Pippa’s parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, are former British Airways employees who made millions launching their own mail order party bag business. Pippa currently works for the company two days a week.
2. In 2008, well before her current celebrity flare-up, Britain’s Tatler magazine named Pippa “the Number 1 Society Singleton.”
3. The dividing line down the center of the Middleton family’s coat of arms (created in 2011) is a pun on the family’s name “Middle-ton.” The three acorns on the shield represent the three Middleton children.
4. At school, Pippa was nicknamed “Panface,” according to the London Evening Standard, because “despite being pretty, she had a flat-shaped face.”
5. Pippa is a whopping 4 inches shorter than sister Kate.
Happy birthday, Panface.