“Once Upon a Time” got a warm reception at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. On hand for the panel were Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Josh Dallas, Robert Caryle, Emilie de Ravin, Colin O’Donoghue and Michael Raymond James, along with executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.
While all got a lot of applause, James’ entrance wearing an Angry Birds hat was much appreciated. Apparently, he lost a bet to Dallas.
Highlights of the panel include:
- They will run the show with 11 episodes in the fall and 11 episodes in the spring.
- “My favorite kill is coming up in Season 3 …” — Parrilla
- “Peter Pan has a complicated motivation.” — Kitsis
- Tinkerbell is going to show up in Neverland. She has a “surprising” connection to someone on the “Once” panel.
- “He’s a little bit ‘Princess Bride’ … He’s a little bit of my friends of home … I just become this weird, innuendo-laden guy.” — O’Donoghue on Captain Hook
- “Colin’s from Ireland, I’m from Scotland. So we’ve already got that Celtic thing.” — Caryle on the relationship between Gold and Captain Hook
- “I spent a lot of time hanging from a giant, green innertube and biting it a lot.” — Morrison
- They showed a commercial for “Good Morning Storybrooke.” It featured Paul Scheer, Yvette Nicole Brown, David Anders, Amy Acker and Emilie de Ravin. Anders played a love doctor. Other ads were for Mr. Gold’s pawn shop and Granny’s Diner. If you can find a video of the Granny’s Diner ad, watch it. Immediately. And many, many times.
- “She came straight out of a Whitesnake album.” — Kitsis on the evil incarnation of Belle
- In a teaser video, someone steals a fork from Grumpy and then disappears into the water. It seems to be a red-haired mermaid!