When we last left “One Tree Hill,” Clay (Robert Buckley) and Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) had just been shot by Clay’s crazy stalker. Zap2it spoke to Buckley back in May, and he was confident that Clay would live on. Whether Quinn would survive the shooting is anyone’s guess.
The CW isn’t giving us much to go on, but they have generously released ten seconds of new footage for us to pick apart until more substantial spoilers come our way. Here are the five things we deduced from that ten seconds.
1. Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) looks happy! She’s bouncing around, proudly announcing her pregnancy. Perhaps having baby number two on board is helping her to manage her severe depression after her mother’s death last season.
2. Haley definitely doesn’t look like a woman whose sister was just murdered by a psycho, so we’re going to guess that Quinn survives the shooting. Of course, it’s possible that Haley just hasn’t gotten the news yet…
3. Brooke (Sophia Bush) and Julian (Austin Nichols) don’t seem too shaken by the tragedy, either. The newly engaged couple is seen getting cozy in bed – and preparing to get dirty in the shower. Here’s hoping that nobody comes between them this year. Brooke deserves a stable love life for once.
4. Mia (Kate Voegele) and Chase (Stephen Colletti) are back in the studio. At the end of last season, he hooked up with Alex (Jana Kramer) after Mia dumped him via text message… and now Mia is asking questions. Ouch. We hope Mia sticks around, even if she and Chase aren’t together. We love hearing Kate Voegele’s new music through “One Tree Hill.”
5. Nathan (James Lafferty) is still as adorable as ever. Aww.
For the record, CW, your “Time’s Up” card appears after only seven seconds. Uncool! You owe us three more.