- While the finale won’t completely answer who “killed” Alison, you will find out in the finale who buried Ali.
- Mrs. DiLaurentis will soon find out that Alison is alive
- How and where Ezra and Alison met and what their relationship really was will be revealed — you may be surprised about who was the hunter/hunted, says King, though frankly, either of them being the pursuer is not a surprise.
- The girls don’t make it back to Rosewood in the finale, they stay in Philadelphia.
- Melissa is in the finale, both in present day and in flashbacks.
King also discusses the show’s eventual end and says that Season 5 is definitely not the end, even though ABC Family has yet to pick them up for a sixth season.
“We know the ending of the show, and it’s not in Season 5. I know the show does not end in Season 5, even though we don’t have a Season 6 pickup,” says King. “The end of Season 5 definitely launches us into a Season 6. I think, as soon as they tell us [the end date], we will write to that. We know the ending and we’re prepared to get there, but we need a 12-episode notice to get there.”
We like that the creators have the ending in mind. So often on mystery shows you get to the ending and wonder what on earth the show was doing all along, but it sounds like the “Pretty Little Liars” writers have a plan.
The “Pretty Little Liars” Season 4 finale airs Tuesday, March 18 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.