The big news:
Of course Triple H is determined to get the WWE Title off of Daniel Bryan on “WWE Raw.”
The Authority interrupts Daniel Bryan’s show-opening celebration to vent their rage. Triple H also books himself into a main event title match. He’s going to kill the Yes Movement if it’s the last thing he does.
Before that match can start, Randy Orton, Batista and Kane all put a vicious beating on Bryan, leaving him practically unconscious in the ring. Still, Triple H demands a referee get in the ring and start the match, which the crowd isn’t so happy about. The Shield then makes their way to the ring, after being told by Stephanie McMahon is was time to fall in line.
The Shield prepares to take on the heels though, facing them down in the ring. Triple H tries to keep things from becoming a war, but then takes a spear from Roman Reigns. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose dive out of the ring onto Orton and Batista, leaving Triple H alone in the ring.
That’s right about when Daniel Bryan comes to and hits a running knee. The Authority’s cronies pulls Hunter from the ring to end the show. The Hounds of Justice have prevailed and the war this could bring will be an awesome thing to watch.
The other big moment of note was Cesaro finally dumping Zeb Coulter and Jack Swagger. One better, Cesaro if a Paul Heyman guy now. That didn’t work out well for Ryback or Curtis Axel, but neither of them are as great as Cesaro. This could turn out to be an excellent partnership.
Paul Heyman’s other guy, Brock Lesnar, also got some time in the sun. He beat The Undertaker, after all. Heyman’s promo was fantastic, but really did nothing to set up whatever comes next for Lesnar. If he’s going away after this, that’s a true shame.
Naturally, the night after “Wrestlemania” brought a rowdy crowd with a bunch of very fun chants. Here are some of the highlights:
- “He’s got the whole world in his hands”
- “John Cena sucks” (To the tune of his theme song)
- “You deserve it” (Directed at Daniel Bryan)
- “Bray’s gonna kill you”
- “CM Punk”
- “Bad News Barrett”
- “King of Swing”
- “Thank You Maddox”
- “Hounds of Justice”
Odds and ends:
- Fandangoing is back, at least for one night.
- Bo Dallas got his first promo on “Raw,” so he’s coming.
- Paul Heyman says Vince McMahon went to the hospital with The Undertaker.
- Adam Rose and his rave bus were also introduced via promo.
- Rob Van Dam is back.
- Bad News Barrett had to stop his own match to deliver the “I believe I have some bad news” line.
- The crowd booed Rey Mysterio’s offense against Barrett. He didn’t like hearing that.
- Alexander Rusev’s name is presented on screen in Russian.
- Ultimate Warrior gave an unintelligible promo, right out of the 80s. If only he wore face paint.
- NXT Women’s Champion Paige debuted and won the Divas Championship. Not a bad night for her.
- The Wyatt Family beat John Cena, Big E. and Sheamus
- Santino Marella and Emma beat Fandango and Summer Rae
- The Usos vs. Randy Orton and Batista ended in a double count out
- Rob Van Dam beat Damien Sandow
- Bad News Barrett beat Rey Mysterio
- Alexander Rusev beat Zack Ryder
- Paige beat A.J. Lee for the Divas Championship
- Cesaro beat Jack Swagger by count out
- Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H ended in a no contest