Seth Rollins did the unthinkable
. He turned his back on The Shield, savagely attacking them with a steel chair and aligning with Evolution.
The big news: Unfortunately, it seems like Daniel Bryan won’t be ready to go by “Money in the Bank.” He’s been officially stripped of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, which will now be decided in the “Money in the Bank” ladder match.
That was announced by The Authority at the top of “WWE Raw,”
without Bryan in attendance. Triple H also booked the remaining members of The Shield in a match against The Wyatt Family. Might as well get one last round out of that feud.
When Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose said their piece, they guaranteed they would take out Rollins and Randy Orton before coming for Triple H. Later, when Seth Rollins was interviewed in the ring by Michael Cole, he actually made a lot of sense.
He says The Shield was a business partnership, not a brotherhood, and he was just ending the partnership. He’s also playing to the “architect” moniker that’s been assigned. He claims to be responsible for all of the team’s success and thinks they’ll simply implode without him.
In the main event, Reigns and Ambrose drafted John Cena in their fight against The Wyatt Family. Bray Wyatt and his cronies were dominated most of the match, completely dismantling Cena. However, nothing could hold Reigns and Ambrose back. A spear from Reigns won the match for his team.
Backstage, Triple H and Rollins look upset, but tonight the good guys win.
Odds and ends:
- Randy Orton has been entered into the “Money in the Bank” ladder match without qualifying.
- Doesn’t that make it a bit too obvious where things are heading?
- Zeb is back to beating up on Jack Swagger to motivate him. That should go well.
- And you thought John Cena was done with the Wyatt Family.
- Cody Rhodes is worse at picking tag team partners than he is at being a tag team partner.
- How much tanning did Zack Ryder do this week?
- Lana has taken her Vladimir Putin love to the next level. Calling President Obama names? That’s bold.
- Does anybody like Vickie Guerrero?
- Kevin Hart is “hosting” the show next week.
- “WWE Raw” is in Brock Lesnar’s home state and not even that got him to appear.
- Sheamus beat Bad News Barrett*
- Rusev beat Zack Ryder
- Rybaxel beat Goldust and R-Truth
- The Usos beat Damien Sandow and Fandango
- Bo Dallas beat Xavier Woods
- Cesaro beat Rob Van Dam
- Paige beat Alicia Fox
- Jack Swagger beat Santino Marella
- The Shield and John Cena beat The Wyatt Family
*”Money in the Bank” qualifying matches