In a boon for “Gilmore Girls” fan fiction writers anywhere, Alexis Bledel has found her next TV role.
Bledel, who appeared on “Mad Men” last season, will star opposite Jason Ritter in FOX’s comedy pilot “Friends & Family,” an adaptation of British series “Gavin & Stacey.” She and Ritter will play the central characters, a couple whose families don’t mix very well.
The “Gilmore” connection comes from the fact that Ritter is coming off “Parenthood,” where his character was in a relationship with Sarah (Lauren Graham). Graham, of course, played Bledel’s mom on “Gilmore Girls” — although there was never a story line in which they were both interested in the same guy.
More pilot casting:
– Former “Lost” star Naveen Andrews will return to ABC in the network’s drama pilot “Reckless,” which stars Patrick Fugit as a man trying to free his wife (Eloise Mumford) from prison in a politically unstable country. Andrews will play a mercenary who offers to help Fugit’s character.
– Samaire Armstrong (“The Mentalist,” “The O.C.”) and Sam Hazeldine have signed on to ABC’s drama “The Return,” about a town where people’s deceased loved ones return to them.
– Wu-Tang Clan member, producer and actor RZA has joined “Gang Related” at FOX as lead actor Ramon Rodriguez‘s partner at the San Francisco PD.
– Former “Chuck” star Ryan McPartlin is headed to TBS with “Do It Yourself,” a comedy set at a big-box home-improvement store. He’ll play a co-worker of the lead character who’s really into his job.
– British actor Lucien Laviscount will star in The CW’s pilot “The Selection” as a servant who’s having a secret relationship with lead character America Singer (Yael Grobglas).
– Three actors will star with Geena Davis in her bounty-hunter pilot at TNT. Marsha Mason (only 14 years older than Davis) will play her mother; Enrico Colantoni (“Veronica Mars”) will play the money man at Davis’ bail-bonds business; and Gloria Reuben (“ER”) will play a prosecutor who knows Davis’ character well.