Filming for the next season of “The Bachelor” is just around the corner, and speculation as to whom ABC has picked as its next main man is spanning the gamut from former “Bachelorette” Ali Fedotowsky’s ex Roberto Martinez to Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte.
On Tuesday (Aug. 21), spoiler guru Reality Steve writes, “As I said last week, it was Roberto’s gig to lose, they’d been after him since June, and I hadn’t heard anything to the contrary to make me think otherwise. Then of course the next day, stuff happens on Twitter, people come forward telling you stories about what Roberto’s been up to, and it definitely clouds the picture.”
“I’ll stick to exactly what I said last week: If it’s not Roberto, it’s going to be [‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard reject] Sean [Lowe],” RS writes. “[‘Bachelorette’ runner-up] Arie [Luyendyk Jr.] is not going to be the ‘Bachelor.'”
RS adds that Olympic gold-medalist Ryan Lochte is not in the running to be the next “Bachelor” either.
The “Bachelor Pad” finale tapes on Sunday (Aug. 26), and RS had heard that ABC had originally planned on announcing the new “Bachelor” during the taping. However, due to this season’s low ratings, he says he doesn’t see that happening now.
“But if for some reason they do, then it definitely isn’t Sean because he is in NY this Sunday with other ‘Bachelore/ette’ alumni for a Scavenger Hunt charity event,” he writes.
Filming for the new season of “The Bachelor” begins around Sept. 20, at least according to one of the potential contestants, 25-year-old Kristy Kaminski from Wisconsin, who has apparently been blabbing on her Facebook page about going on the show.
Who do you think should be the next “Bachelor”: Roberto or Sean?