Season 1 of “Broad City” cemented that Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson are the best friends you wish you had. Even their dysfunction seems cooler than yours because they handle it in a way that’s a million times more hilarious than you ever will. They just get it.
However, it’s Lincoln Rice — Ilana’s hookup buddy, played by comedian Hannibal Buress — who speaks to you in a crisis. At first his wisdom may seem a little off, but you don’t ever have to stretch too far to see his logic.
He’s always there when Ilana is in a pinch and serves her a dish of realness when she needs it. He says the things you want to say and what you wish you thought of saying before you knew you wanted to say it. He stole the show numerous times in Season 1, but here are the 10 times Lincoln was the best spirit animal you could ask for.
1. When he’s helping you work out your brain, literally
2. When he eats his feelings because he’s worried
3. When he’s worried about how his lifestyle will affect a future pet
4. When he loves a dog, but knows where to draw the line.
5. When he tells a hard truth about Amy Winehouse
6. When he stands up for marriage equality
7. When he calls Ilana out on her ridiculous reading habits
8. When he knows that call is more important than work
9. When he’s avant garde with his interests
10. When he busts a move and doesn’t care who’s watching
Lincoln, Ilana and Abbi all return to make your Wednesday nights more awesome with Season 2 of “Broad City” on Jan. 14 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.