Shain Gandee, star of MTV reality show “Buckwild,” was found dead Monday (April 1), the victim of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in his Bronco, along with two other men. Gandee’s family had been organizing a “mud run” fundraiser in order to help pay for the funeral costs, but now TMZ has learned that the two production companies behind the show have offered to pay for the funeral expenses.
J.P. Williams, CEO of Parallel Entertainment, says, “Shain was a great kid with a big heart who had endless love for his mom and dad. I am from West Virginia and this show reminded me of how I grew up.”
The donations the family has received so far will now be put toward expenses the family has incurred during the recovery effort and then the remaining money will be put toward the funerals of the two other men who were killed.
A public service for Gandee will be held Sunday, April 8.