The Q&A portion of the panel started after a sizzle reel video that mostly recapped the Damon-Elena and Stefan-Elena relationships. Although there was one little surprise — Silas-as-Stefan makes a speech in front of a bunch of townies, talking about drinking lots of blood and wanting to control them all.
That can’t be a good thing for the everyone else on the show.
What are some more highlights of the show?
- “Don’t downplay the smolder-holder.” – Paul Wesley to Ian Somerhalder
- “He’s very polite. He doesn’t rip their heads off. There’s something soothing about him feeding on you.” – Paul Wesley on the character of Silas
- Nina Dobrev considered using fake blood to help get her through security faster on her flight out to Comic-Con.
- Julie Plec wouldn’t commit to Silas being the “big bad” of the season.
- Katherine — now a human — will have to suffer through a cold early on in the season.
- “Why are we pursuing higher education? We’re all murderers!” – Paul Wesley
- “There are men at college.” – Candice Accola when asked about new guys to be met at college
- Jeremy — suddenly and inexplicably alive — will be living with Damon when Elena goes off to college.
- “If I had to say “the cure” one more time, I was going to jump off the roof of our stage building. And I love the band, The Cure!” – Ian Somerhalder
- “It’s going to be a nude musical episode.” – Ian Somerhalder on the upcoming 100th episode of “The Vampire Diaries.” We’ll assume he was joking.
- There are no immediate plans to bring Klaus back from “The Originals” to “The Vampire Diaries.”
- Since Bonnie is on the Other Side, “TVD” will be showing the ghosts’ perspective throughout the season.
- “I’ll mold your clay.” – Ian Somerhalder to Paul Wesley (referencing that one scene in “Ghost”)
- Julie Plec would very much like to bring Alaric back from the dead. Ian Somerhalder concurs.