Jennifer’s advantages have been apparent from day one, but it isn’t until we really get down to the wire when we’ll see just how much her faults could cost her.
She’s undeniably at home on the dance floor… but her rehearsal packages haven’t exactly made her endearing. So is it victory or failure for Baby Houseman? Here’s a case for both.
5 reasons Jennifer will win:
1. “The Chosen One”
– They said it. Not us. Jennifer’s selection for “DWTS” seemed like something of a self-fulfilling prophecy when the cast was announced. And the judges have made it clear from the beginning that this is her competition to lose.
2. Skills – All that praise is completely warranted. When Jennifer is good, she’s amazing. She’s got the season’s only perfect score under her belt and a renewed commitment to kicking butt going into the final stretch.
3. “Dirty Dancing” – We maintain our original prediction that this season will come down to Jennifer and Derek recreating the climactic scene that solidified her as a screen icon for all of eternity. If she makes it to the finale, she will indeed have the time of her life.
4. A comeback story – Voters love a story of resurrected fame, and Jennifer has been out of the public eye for years. The mirrorball trophy is a fitting reward for winning back so many fans.
5. Derek – A two-time champ, Hough is the most decorated pro left in the competition. He’s a force to be reckoned with, and his sweet demeanor softens Jennifer’s occasionally rough edges.
5 reasons Jennifer will lose:
1. Endurance –
Her neck is a constant consideration in choreography, and, as of Week 8, her knees are giving her even more trouble. Jennifer is fit for 50, but she also has a lot of problems, and they may keep her from performing to her full capability.
2. The complaining
– It’s been a bit of a trial watching Jennifer. On one hand, her medical woes and age make us want her to succeed. And on the other… they make us want her to zip it. She’s been the most vocally frustrated of Season 11’s contestants, and it may have left a sour taste for more than a few voters.
3. Consistency – Jennifer has brought in the highest scores this season, but she’s also had some off weeks. In the crunch, it’s entirely possible that she could fall apart again.
4. Bristol – Though Brandy does pose a skill-based threat, the real wild card for Jennifer is how many people are actually voting for Bristol. She’s come this far, so maybe she’ll go all the way.
5. The nose –
We don’t want to bring up this kind of dirty laundry, but the fact
remains that America never forgave Jennifer for that nose job. She
erased the girl we fell in love with from “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” and
“Dirty Dancing.” And no matter how many years pass, that will always be
on a lot of people’s minds.
So there you have it, folks. Your semifinalists all been dissected. So who’s getting your vote?
Photo credit: ABC