It’s Britney Spears’ birthday and the pop singer has quite a bit to celebrate. She’s currently getting ready for her new album, “Britney Jean” due on December 3, and a Las Vegas residency.
To mark her special day, here are 10 of Britney’s most memorable moments, spanning her entire career. From her beginnings on “Star Search” and “MMC,” through her numerous albums and world tours, Britney always seems to knock people’s socks off, for better or worse.
1. Before even the “Mickey Mouse Club” had her, Britney appeared on “Star Search.” She won her first show, but was unable to keep her crown on the following episode.
2. Most of the world first came to know Britney through “MMC,” where she starred alongside several others who would go on to make names for themselves, including Justin TImberlake, Christina Aguilera and Ryan Gosling.
3. A few years later, she burst onto the scene as a school girl in “… Baby One More Time,” and there was no looking back.
4. Britney performing wth *NSYNC at the 1999 MTV VMAs? Talk about pop music worlds colliding.
5. She was pretty fantastic as the crazy receptionist Abby on “How I Met Your Mother.”
6. Britney’s “I’m A Slave 4 U” performance at the 201 MTV VMAs definitely caused a stir. No one will ever forget that snake.
7. When Britney appeared on the 2003 VMAs with Christina Aguilera and Missy Elliot, people might not have been expecting it to be sealed with a kiss from Madonna, but it was. Just to rub it in, the camera cuts to Spears’ ex, Justin Timberlake, right after the lip lock. He doesn’t look like a happy man.
8. This one isn’t even technically Spears, but any list of her memorable moments would be incomplete without Chris Rocker yelling “Leave Britney alone!” (Warning: This video contains strong language)
9. No one will ever forget that time she married the backup dancer who thought he could rap, Kevin Federline. Their marriage definitely lasted longer than most thought it would, but not by much.
10. What can only be called Britney’s comeback came in 2013 with “Work B****,” the first single from “Britney Jean.” The album is the beginning of a new start for Spears, as she heads to Vegas for “Britney: Piece of Me.”