Chef Gordon Ramsay has picked a winner for “Hell’s Kitchen” Season 12 — read on to find out who is taking home the prize.
The final competition came down to executive chef Scott Commings from Woodstock, IL. and sous chef Jason Zepaltas from Chicago. In the end, Commings was declared the winner and will take over as head chef at the Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas.
After his win, Commings says, “‘Hell’s Kitchen’ was truly the best and most rewarding experience of my life. I feel so blessed to have been given this incredible and most difficult opportunity. What I have been able to take from this experience will be with me the rest of my life, and I will use every bit of this education to continue to pursue my passion for food. I am truly thankful.”
Ramsay adds, “Scott is a tremendous leader and is never afraid to take risks. Throughout ‘Hell’s Kitchen,’ he showed incredible determination and became a stronger chef even as the competition became fiercer, proving that he has what it takes to make a mark on the culinary world.”
Commings winning menu included:
- Romaine salad with nicoise olive tapenade, white anchovy and parmesan tuile
- Duck confit ravioli with braised pork belly, butternut squash, walnut arugula pesto, brown butter and balsamic beets
- Butter-poched king crab with butternut squash puree, arugula salad, toasted pine nuts and charred corn
- Seared scallop with baby mache salad, watercress puree, lardon and sherry vinegar caramel.
- Pan-roasted halibut with roasted fingerling potatoes, saffron broth, baby carrots, heirloom tomato and micro arugula
- Mediterranean sea bass with piquillo pepper puree, potato hash, haricot vert, black kale and lemon
- Half roasted organic chicken with caramelized fennel, confit tomato, creamy polenta and pan jus
- Grilled beef tenderloin with celriac remoulade, frites and tamarind sweet ‘n sour sauce
- Pear tart tatin with spiced pear sorbet, vanilla gelato and marcona crumble
- Chocolate hazelnut cake with coffee buttercream, salted caramel and almond gelato
Did the right chef win “Hell’s Kitchen” Season 12?