Kate Gosselin appeared on “Today” Monday morning to discuss estranged husband Jon Gosselin’s allegedly clearing out their joint bank account used to pay the family bills.
Kate explained to Meredith Vieira that their bank account had previously contained $231,000, and that Jon had only left her $1,000. Since Kate had always been the one to pay the bills, this paltry amount caused her worry.
“I can’t sleep at night. I can’t pay my bills,” she said, later adding, “I have to [demand he return the money] in order to keep the kids where they live and to put food on their table. I need that money to provide for them.”
On top of this worry, Kate said that Jon’s insistence to suspend filming on the newly named “Kate Plus 8” has also placed the family in financial straits since that was their source of income.
Kate insisted that the kids are not harmed by TLC filming their daily lives and that they were upset about production being shut down.
“I told the kids over the weekend that we weren’t filming,” she revealed. “And actually, times eight, there was wailing and sobbing. They love the crew, they love the interaction, they love the events. It is not harmful to them. They are angry.”
Kate also expressed doubts that Jon thought up his latest “epiphany” himself.
“He has always been the one to listen to the one that is next to him,” she said. “:I think he is receiving bad advice. I think he is making bad decisions.”
Check out Kate’s full “Today” interview:
RadarOnline reports that Kate Gosselin’s lawyer filed papers Monday morning to get back the $230,000.
Follow Zap2it on Twitter for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
Jon Gosselin shares his ‘epiphany’ with Larry King
Jon Gosselin reportedly demands TLC pulls plug on ‘Kate Plus 8’
So long, Jon: TLC introduces ‘Kate Plus Eight’
Jon Gosselin wants to slow down divorce proceedings
Zap2it’s ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ coverage