Sad news from the Kardashian Kamp this Friday evening. Kim Kardashian‘s kitten, Mercy, died this week. The kitten, who was no longer in the care of the Kardashian family, passed away due to a “stomach problem.” Kim wrote about the kitten’s death on her blog. Here’s what she had to say:
“It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you all that my kitten, Mercy, has passed away. My heart is completely broken.
“When I first got Mercy, I had never lived with a cat before and so I
had no idea that I was allergic. I thought that it might pass, but after
a few weeks I decided to go visit two separate allergists, one of whom
said my allergies wouldn’t get any better unless I started taking
injections. I had fallen SO in love with Mercy that I wanted to try
everything I could to keep her, but I didn’t think it was safe to resort
to injections, and it wasn’t fair on Mercy, because I couldn’t play
with her or give her as much attention as I wanted to. Mercy deserved a
mom who could really give her the time and affection she deserved. I
knew that Sydney, Khloe’s assistant, who had recently lost a cat she had
loved and cared for for 17 years, would be the perfect mom for Mercy
and Sydney was so excited to have Mercy as her own!
“Sydney gave Mercy a loving home, but after a couple of weeks Mercy
got really sick and Sydney had to rush her to the vet. They discovered
she had a stomach problem that we weren’t aware of. Poor little Mercy
died the very next day. It broke not only my heart that little Mercy
died at only four months old, but Sydney’s too.
“Mercy was a gentle and loving kitten and we are all going to miss her
so much. Thanks to Sydney for making Mercy’s short life one filled with
love. RIP Mercy Xo”