In a a bit of an “oops” moment, Paul Walker‘s Davidoff Cool Water ad aired during the Sky Sports broadcast of the Chelsea-Southampton Barclay’s Premier League game Sunday (Dec. 1), as first reported by TMZ.
Viewers were quick to take to Twitter to express their outrage, as Walker was killed in a car accident Saturday and the ad features him driving a sports car at a high rate of speed.
- cant believe they’re still showing the davidoff cool water advert with paul walker on it
- Mental seeing the davidoff advert with Paul walker in it, such sad news #RIP
- #TV3 just showed the Davidoff add with Paul Walker in it, good taste…
- Not sure Davidoff ads featuring Paul Walker should be played today of all days 😦 #tact
- Did they really just show a Davidoff advert with Paul Walker in it on Sky Sports during the Chelsea game?
- Davidoff cool water advert came on before with Paul Walker and I cried a little 😦
Of course, it’s really just an unfortunate coincidence. The ad is several years old and nobody ran it on purpose to be mean or tactless. But it is rather poor timing. The advertising traffic monitors will probably have the commercial pulled from future broadcasts.