“Psych” returned Wednesday night (Feb. 29) with its Season 6.5 premiere – and it was awesome. Not only is Despereaux (Cary Elwes) always a welcome a sight, but M�dchen Amick guest starring as a villain was masterful too.
The case of the week was also a lot of fun – who doesn’t love a treasure hunt? And we didn’t think for one second that Despereaux was really dead, so we’re glad Shawn didn’t either. Sure, the DNA evidence kind of made Shawn face-up to his fears of people dying/leaving him, but that didn’t last very long.
We wish there had been a little more made out of the engagement ring Gus found. Are we buying Shawn’s assertion that it’s really his “emergency ring” for the perfect engagement opportunity? We don’t think we buy it. We think he really did mean to propose to Jules on the lover’s getaway that was ruined by Jason Priestley killing people. What do you guys think?
The ending was also awesome – Despereaux revealing the actual painting under the one Yerden did himself. Do you think it’s the last we’ve seen of Despereaux? It probably is, but we hope not.
Thoughts & Tidbits
- We were bummed Madchen Amick wasn’t in the “Dual Spires” episode, so perhaps if “Psych” does a sequel, she’ll could be in that one reprising her role from this episode.
- The treasure hunt was fun, but we hope next episode gets back to the-gang’s-all-here style. There was definitely a lack of Jules, Lassie, Shawn’s dad and the Chief.
- Woody’s “expensive hobby” of collecting dead body parts? Gross, and also hilarious.
- Also hilarious? “You wanna bumble with the bee?” and Despereaux raising his arms as he races by Shawn and Gus in the speed boat. Great visual gag there.
- Finally, here are Zap2it’s Favorite Gus Aliases – Longbranch Pennywhistle, Chocolate Columbo, Felicia Fancybottom, Gus TT Showbiz and Ovaltine Jenkins. The lucky winner in our “Psych” giveaway is …. Pam Holland! Please email email@example.com to arrange for your prize pack.
Thanks for playing along, everybody!