The Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is almost upon us – but are you prepared for how you will watch every moment? Zap2it‘s got you covered. First, here’s a list of the TV coverage choices.
Friday, April 29, all times Eastern:
Starting at 3:30 a.m., TLC’s live coverage of the Royal Wedding begins. Starting at 4 a.m., NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CNN and E! begin their live coverage. It really just comes down to who you’d like to watch run the coverage. ABC has Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters, CBS has Katie Couric, NBC has Meredith Vieira, Brian Williams and Matt Lauer, FOX has Shepard Smith and Martha McCallum, CNN has Anderson Cooper, Piers Morgan and Cat Deeley and E! will have Giuliana Rancic and U.K. TV personality Dermot O’Leary.
BBC America will air live, uninterrupted coverage starting at 3 a.m. ET. They will also stream the wedding live beginning at 5:45 a.m. at bbc.com/royalwedding.
As for the schedule, the palace has released a minute-by-minute plan for the day. We’ve made all times Eastern:
- Between 3:15 a.m. and 4:45 a.m.: The general congregation will arrive at the Great North Door of Westminster Abbey
- From 4:50 a.m.: Governors-general and prime ministers of realm countries, the diplomatic corps and other distinguished guests arrive at the Abbey.
- 5:10 a.m.: The bridegroom and best man Prince Harry leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:15 a.m.
- 5:20 a.m.: Members of foreign royal families arrive at the Abbey from Buckingham Palace.
- 5:20 a.m.: Carole Middleton and son James leave the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:27 a.m.
- 5:25 a.m.: Members of the Royal Family (except those listed below) leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:30 a.m.
- 5:35 a.m.: The following members of the Royal Family leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:40 a.m.:
* The Duke of York
* Princess Beatrice of York
* Princess Eugenie of York
* The Earl and Countess of Wessex
* The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence
- 5:38 a.m.: The Prince of Wales (Charles) and Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla) leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:42 a.m.
- 5:40 a.m.: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:45 a.m.
- 5:48 a.m.: The bridesmaids and pages leave the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:55 a.m.
- 5:51 a.m.: Kate Middleton, accompanied by her father, Michael, leaves the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey.
- 6:00 a.m.: The marriage service begins. It will be relayed by loudspeakers along the route.
- 7:15 a.m.: The carriage procession of the bride and groom with a captain’s escort of the Household Cavalry, followed by the Queen’s procession with a sovereign’s escort of the Household Cavalry, leaves Westminster Abbey for Buckingham Palace.
- 7:30 a.m.: The bride’s carriage procession arrives at Buckingham Palace.
- 7:40 a.m.: Members of the Royal Family and members of foreign royal families arrive at Buckingham Palace.
- From 7:40 a.m.: Other guests for the reception arrive at Buckingham Palace.
- 8:25 a.m.: The Queen and the bride and groom, together with their families, appear on the balcony.