The historic 25th season of “The Simpsons”
has arrived. The season premiere takes on “Homeland”
as Homer comes home from a work convention a changed man. He’s polite, he’s eating healthy, he’s not strangling Bart. There’s only one possible answer, he was kidnapped and brainwashed by terrorists before coming home.
Of course, Lisa is the only one who sees something wrong, so she calls the FBI. That’s where Kristen Wiig
comes in as a guest voice, playing a bipolar FBI agent, in the same vein as Claire Danes’
CIA operative Carrie Mathison on “Homeland,” but way more over the top.
In the end it was all a crazy mix up, of course. Homer actually befriended a bunch of hippies who taught him a better lifestyle. Oh, those hippies. They also enlightened him about the damage a nuclear power plant could cause, which leads to him finding a peaceful way of closing Springfield’s, even if it won’t last. It doesn’t take long for a Duff beer to lure Homer back to his old ways though, so don’t expect eco-friendly Homer to stick around.
Some fun little things, in case you missed them:
- Lots of Season 25 gags in the opening credits, including Bart’s chalkboard message, “25 years and they can’t come up with a new punishment.”
- Cameos from “Family Guy,” “American Dad,” “The Cleveland Show” and “Bob’s Burgers” characters during the end credits.
- The return of Bart’s classic catchphrase, “I’m Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?”
- Milhouse’s dog toy Puppy Goo Goo makes an appearance during a sleepover with Bart.
- Among the “vitamins” Marge has Bart on is a bottle of blue crystal meth, so there’s your “Breaking Bad” nod.
What did you think of the Season 25 premiere of “The Simpsons”?