Every year, “The Vampire Diaries” throws a decade dance — and every year, the tragic fall-out is worse than the last. Suffice to say, we just watched “Do Not Go Gentle”… and we totally cried. Per usual, we have to keep most details under wraps, but here are some fun details we can offer.
1. Stefan/Elena shippers… your time is now. As promised, the former lovebirds attend the dance together, and it serves as a good opportunity for them to address everything they’ve been through in the past year. Despite all the tragedy, these two really support each other throughout the episode. In that tearful photo of Elena, she’s not crying because she’s saying goodbye to Stefan — in fact, by the end of this episode, their relationship is stronger than it’s been all season.
2. With the vampires trapped at the dance, the humans have to take over the fight… but it doesn’t go very well. Matt and Jeremy will point weapons at each other in this episode. Matt’s got a gun, Jeremy’s got a crossbow, and they’ll find themselves in a face-off. It’s pretty hot.
3. Bonnie and Jamie grow closer. They not only find time for a hot make-out session (interrupted by Damon, unfortunately) but Bonnie finds herself being vulnerable with Jamie after a year of trying to be strong for everyone.
4. Esther’s betrayal pushes Klaus over the edge. If he’s been a little soft lately — what with the painting and the pining — we’ll see his dark, terrible side resurface by the end of the episode. He’s going to scare us again.
5. The most powerful scene of the entire episode has no dialogue in it at all. If you want to prepare yourselves, download “Medicine” by Daughters. And then stock up on tissues.