TV news and notes:
– Two weeks into its midseason run and “The Walking Dead” continues to take ratings gold in the key 18-49 demo over the Winter Olympics. Though Sunday’s (Feb. 16) episode was down slightly from the week prior’s midseason premiere, the AMC hit pulled a 6.8 rating in the demo — or 8.7 million viewers — besting NBC’s 4.9 rating for the Sochi Games. Of course, the Olympics earned more viewers overall, scoring 21.3 million viewers compared to AMC’s 13.3 million.
– A new season of TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting” premieres Tuesday, April 1. The eighth season of Duggar family adventures will follow sister Tessa as she “courts” Ben — that’s dates with the intention of marrying. It’ll also follow the four eldest sisters as they write their book, and will catch up with Josh and Anna and their life in Washington, D.C.
– Jimmy Fallon has lined up guests for his second week as host of “The Tonight Show,” and first in his regular 11:35 p.m. ET timeslot. They are: Reese Witherspoon, Fred Armisen and Rick Ross (Feb. 24); Paul Rudd and Shaquille O’Neal (Feb. 25); Drew Barrymore, Adam Sandler and Dierks Bentley (Feb. 26); Denzel Washington (Feb. 27); and Cameron Diaz and Mike Tyson (Feb. 28).
– Logo TV has renewed “RuPaul’s Drag Race” for Season 7 — one week before Season 6 of the reality competition begins. Auditions for the season will begin this week. Meanwhile the Season 6 premiere is available now on the Logo TV app; its TV premiere is Monday (Feb. 24). [Deadline]
– Is Jacinda Barrett the new Mrs. Coach? Well, she is the new onscreen Mrs. Kyle Chandler. She’s joined the cast of the new Netflix series from the creators of “Damages,” a psychological thriller about a family whose emotional scars reopen when the black sheep eldest brother returns home. [Deadline]
– VH1 has picked up a new series called “Naked Dating” — emphasis on the “Naked” part. Each episode will feature a man and a woman going on dates with two potential suitors — sans clothes. VH1 promises that episodes will be “edited according to network standards” and that the show is really about the participants “stripp[ing] away the artifices of our modern world and reveal[ing] their ultimate, honest selves.” Uh-huh. Sure.
– Lifetime has set a premiere date for its movie “The Grim Sleeper,” starring Dreama Walker and Macy Gray. The true-crime movie, focusing on an LA Weekly reporter’s (Walker) investigation into a serial-killer case and her interaction with a survivor (Gray), will debut Saturday, March 15.
– Looking to devour Season 1 of “Hannibal” in advance of its Friday, Feb. 28 Season 2 premiere? If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you’re in luck. Beginning Sunday, Feb. 23, NBC and Amazon will present the #13HourDevour Binge event, full of exclusive content, live tweets from the cast, creators and celebrity fans and Twitter contests each hour with exciting prizes. Starting at noon ET and ending at 1 a.m. ET, the event will be anchored around live tweets and posts from the official Hannibal Twitter account, the Amazon Instant Video Twitter account and a live Twitter Q&A with star Hugh Dancy.
– “Napoleon Dynamite” star Jon Heder has landed one of the leads on a new FOX family sitcom. He plays the 30-something son of Jane Kaczmarek who’s in for a rude awakening when his mom remarries after decades of singledom and her new husband, David James Elliott, and his teenage kids move in. [THR]