The latest helping of TV snacks includes items on “Arrested Development,” the People’s Choice Awards and more.
– Christina Applegate is hosting “Saturday Night Live” this week — 19 years after the last time she hosted. Her promos with Jason Sudeikis have some fun with the age gap; watch them at the top of the post.
– Tammy 2 is back: Megan Mullally will return to “Parks and Recreation” later this season as Ron’s (Nick Offerman) crazy ex-wife. Tammy gets wind of Ron’s budding relationship with single mom Diane (guest star Lucy Lawless), and the guess here is she’s not happy about it. [TV Guide]
– “Arrested Development” has added Chris Diamantopoulos (“The Three Stooges,” “Up All Night”) to its roster of guest stars for its upcoming season on Netflix. He’ll appear in at least three episodes of the show, but no details yet on the character he’s playing. [Deadline]
– Lifetime has picked up a third season of “Dance Moms.” Abby Lee Miller will continue terrorizing pre-teens and their mothers for 26 more episodes beginning sometime next year. [Lifetime]
– Adam Goldberg has booked a guest spot on “Animal Practice” as … Adam Goldberg. He’ll play himself as the star of a fake TV show that Angela (Betsy Sodaro) and Rizzo (Crystal the monkey) are really into; it’s called “Laws of the Jungle.” [TVLine]
– “Treme” and “The Wire” star Clarke Peters is moving to AMC. He’ll star in a legal drama pilot from Richard LaGravenese and Tony Goldwyn as the father of a district attorney (Damon Gupton) who stirs up lots of trouble when he re-opens an old murder case. [Deadline]