johnnie walker black label Whiskey cures blindness for man who drank too much vodkaBooze is poison, yes. It’s also medicine.

A New Zealand man recently went blind from the combination of his diabetes medication and a copious amount of vodka, which he’d received as a gift from his students.

“I thought it had got dark and I’d missed out on a bit of time but it
was only about half-past-three in the afternoon. I was fumbling around
the bedroom for the light switch,” he told the press. “I’d just gone completely blind. I
don’t remember much after I arrived in hospital. I know the doctor told
my wife to say goodbye because they didn’t think I’d be coming out

Doctors realized he was suffering from formaldehyde poisoning, and decided to treat him with ethanol, found in whiskey. They used an expensive bottle of Johnnie Walker Black, but unfortunately, the ailing man didn’t get to enjoy it — they pumped it through a tube into his stomach while the 65-year-old man was in a coma.

And he was cured!

“I woke up five days later and I could see as soon as I could open my eyes. I thought it was pretty bloody good – I’m alive. The hospital was absolutely awesome. Couldn’t have been better.”

Posted by:Carina MacKenzie