It’s the most wonderful time of the year for “Galavant” star Mallory Jansen. Not only is her new ABC musical comedy premiering on Jan. 4, 2015, but she also is heading home to Australia for the holidays to celebrate with her family in a warm climate.
Read on through Zap2it‘s holiday Q&A to find out Jansen’s Top 3 stocking stuffers, who she kisses under the mistletoe and the warm-weather sport she plays on Christmas, and look forward to falling in love with “Galavant” in a week and a half.
1. What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?
Being at home with my family in Australia and having a great Aussie BBQ followed by my brother’s famous pavlova!
2. This year, are you on Santa’s naughty or nice list?
Who’s asking? If it’s the man himself, the answer is nice 😉
3. Opening presents: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Definitely Christmas Day. I especially love seeing my nieces and nephews open their gifts.
4. What are the top 3 items on your stocking stuffer list?
– Lush bath bombs
– Handmade gingerbread men
– Quirky knick knacks from Urban Outfitters
5. What are your all-time favorite holiday songs?
Bing Crosby “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”
Band Aid “Do They Know It’s Christmas”
6. What are your all-time favorite holiday movies?
“National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” and “The Muppet Christmas Carol.” They get me into the spirit every year.
7. Best holiday scent: cookies baking, roasting chestnuts or a fresh evergreen? (Or name your own!)
I love the smell of a real Christmas tree, also my Mum’s Christmas pudding with brandy sauce.
8. What’s the quirkiest tradition your family has during the holidays?
My dad likes to recite the story of “Pablo the Donkey” before dinner to teach us the real meaning of Christmas. Every year it’s the same, every year we cringe!
9. What’s the most embarrassing homemade ornament from your childhood that your mom and dad still hang on the tree?
A framed mug shot of myself when I was in first grade … I looked like a boy with huge bangs!
10. Sledding or ice skating?
More like beach cricket. I’ve never had a cold Christmas as I always spend it back home in Australia.
11. Do you prefer to spend your holidays somewhere with snow on the ground or somewhere warm?
I would like to spend Christmas in different countries all over the world, I love seeing how different cultures celebrate the holidays in their own unique ways.
12. What is the best gift you have ever given and the best gift you ever received?
13. Hot cocoa, warm apple cider, mulled wine or a hot toddy?
Anything cold will do in Australia.
14. Have you ever kissed anyone under the mistletoe? Will you tell us who?!
Yes, my little puppy Snoopy, he gets so many hugs and kisses at Christmas!
15. Do you go out or stay in on New Year’s Eve?
Definitely go out, I love to spend it with close friends and start the New Year with a bang!