When it comes time to celebrate the holidays, all “Gotham” star Camren Bicondova wants is to watch “Scrooged” and roast marshmallows at a bonfire with her grandfather.
The 15-year-old actress took Zap2it’s holiday Q&A and gushed about her love of Wham!’s “Last Christmas,” making giant cookies and ice skating — though it often ends with an injury. You can see Bicondova as a young Selina Kyle on “Gotham,” Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on FOX.
1. What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?
Desserts, hot chocolate, family, no school and all the light decorations … lol EVERYTHING. I love the holidays.
2. This year, are you on Santa’s naughty or nice list?
I think I did pretty well this year, so I’m hoping to be on Santa’s nice list.
Selina Kyle — maybe not.
3. Opening presents: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Day. In my family, each family member gets to open one (small) gift on Christmas Eve. The rest of the gifts we open in the morning as soon as everyone wakes up. We keep it small though. Mostly we do only a few gifts and enjoy a big breakfast.
4. What are the top 3 items on your stocking stuffer list?
– iTunes Cards
– Fuzzy socks
– Brownie Brittle
5. What are your all-time favorite holiday songs?
“Last Christmas” by Wham! I LOVE IT:) and of course “Feliz Navidad.”
6. What are your all-time favorite holiday movies?
“Scrooged” w/ Bill Murray — It’s a family tradition to watch it every year on Christmas Eve.
“Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer” (1964) — Rudolph is just so cute. I always thought it would be cool to go to the island of misfit toys.
7. Best holiday scent: cookies baking, roasting chestnuts or a fresh evergreen? (Or name your own!)
Cookies baking, brownies baking, (occasionally) cinnamon, and vanilla.
8. What’s the quirkiest tradition your family has during the holidays?
My grandpa always builds a huge bonfire. We just chill out and roast marshmallows and enjoy each other’s company. I also get to cook a ginormous chocolate chip cookie with my grandma. I call it a cookie pizza. 🙂
9. What’s the most embarrassing homemade ornament from your childhood that your mom and dad still hang on the tree?
Um … the one from kindergarten with my school picture in the middle of Elmer’s glue, popsicle sticks and green yarn.
10. Sledding or ice skating?
Both. I always fall on my butt while ice skating (which hurts) but I still think it’s fun. I also like sliding down hills with snow. Being a Cali girl, there isn’t much of either so I do them when I can. In Hawaii my friends and I make sand angels instead of snow angels.. you know, since there’s no snow. lol.
11. Do you prefer to spend your holidays somewhere with snow on the ground or somewhere warm?
I enjoy all types of weather. I’ve spent the holidays in Hawaii, California, Colorado and New York. I just like to spend time with my family. 🙂
12. What is the best gift you have ever given and the best gift you ever received?
The best gift I’ve ever given … My class sent personal cards to my dad while he was deployed during Christmas.
The best gift I’ve ever gotten … My grandpa gave me a Polaroid camera when I was younger. It was AWESOME!
13. Hot cocoa, warm apple cider, mulled wine or a hot toddy?
I LOVE hot chocolate and warm apple cider. I’m too young to drink. 🙂
14. Have you ever kissed anyone under the mistletoe? Will you tell us who?!
15. Do you go out or stay in on New Year’s Eve?
I stay in on New Year’s Eve so I can get up early on New Year’s and celebrate the first day of the year. The second day of the year is another day that I celebrate- just by myself since I don’t really advertise that I like the second day of the year. *insert smirk face*