We are (blissfully) close to the end of 2016 presidential election, and we're willing to bet no one is happier about that fact than the host of HBO's "Last Week Tonight," John Oliver.
It's hard to say whether "Saturday Night Live" or "Last Week Tonight" has given us better election-centric comedic gold, but while the latter might not have a wigged up Kate McKinnon, it does have one thing no other late night show can boast.
For the past year, Oliver has made no secret of his distaste for this election cycle and the candidates running for president. In fact, he's taken to renaming the election in pretty graphic terms, that are as funny as they are morbidly accurate.
We decided to pull together a few of his best jokes on the topic to celebrate being so close to the end of this national fiasco.
1. The Electoral equivalent of seeing someone puking, so you start puking, and then someone else is puking, and pretty soon everyone is puking 2016
2. Oh I get it, we all died and this is hell and Satan has cursed us to live out this nightmare for all eternity 2016
3. The holy s***, please make it stop, trashfire, two thousand f***teen
4. Uncle Sam’s rock bottom yankee-doodle suicide pact 2016
5. Lady Liberty convenience store robbery gone wrong descending into a hostage situation and now she’s demanding a chopper 2016
"Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.