TV news and notes:
– ABC has picked up a third season of its summer drama “Mistresses.” The show starring Alyssa Milano, Yunjin Kim, Rochelle Aytes and Jess Macallan will be back in summer 2015 for another 13-episode run.
– Yvonne Strahovski, late of “24: Live Another Day,” has joined the cast of ABC’s 2015 drama “Astronaut Wives Club,” about the women behind the men in the early days of NASA. She’ll play Rene Carpenter, the wife of Mercury astronaut Scott Carpenter, and reunite with both her “Dexter” co-star Desmond Harrington (who plays Alan Sheppard) and “Chuck” co-creator Josh Schwartz (one of the show’s EPs). [HitFix]
– Jimmy Fallon is taking “The Tonight Show” on the road in February. He’ll do a special live broadcast of the show from Phoenix on Feb. 1, following the Super Bowl, then head to Los Angeles for a week of shows from Feb. 2-5.
– Supermodel Naomi Campbell has landed a recurring role on FOX’s new drama “Empire.” Campbell will play Camilla, a woman having an affair with the much younger Hakeem Lyon (Bryshere Gray), the heir to his father’s (Terrence Howard) music-business throne. “Empire” is set to premiere on FOX in early 2015.
– Showtime’s “House of Lies” has added two familiar faces to its cast for Season 4. Comedian Demetri Martin will recur as a “maverick inventor and CEO” who strikes up a business relationship with Marty (Don Cheadle). Valorie Curry (“The Following”) will also recur as an enigmatic code writer who shares office space with Marty’s company. [Hollywood Reporter/TVLine]
– TBS has picked up “The Smiths,” a docuseries starring TNT NBA analyst Kenny Smith; his wife, “Price Is Right” model and actress Gwendolyne Osborne-Smith; and their five kids who range in age from 2 to 20. The six-episode series is scheduled to premiere in spring 2015.