UPDATE: How better to celebrate #WorldOutlanderDay than with not only a Season 3 greenlight but a Season 4 too?
Starz announced on Wednesday (June 1), that two more seasons of the hit TV show “Outlander” have been ordered. Seasons 3 and 4 will cover Diana Gabaldon’s books “Voyager” and “Drums of Autumn” in the “Outlander” series.
Twenty-five years ago on June 1, a little book by Diana Gabaldon called “Outlander” was published in hardcover. And millions, if not billions, of swoons were born.
The swoons have Scottish accents and wear kilts, so that makes them extra swoony.
To celebrate the publication of “Outlander,” Zap2it has collected some of our favorite moments from Season 1 of TV series, which brought the beloved book to life on Starz with stars Sam Heughan as Jamie and Caitriona Balfe as Claire.
You can follow along in your book, if you’d like! Or just swoon along too.
1. When Frank finds a Highlander staring up at Claire in the window (cue spooky music)
GHOST JAMIE GHOST JAMIE GHOST JAMIE SOULMATES AAAAAUGH.
2. When Jamie ‘protects’ Claire from the skirmish by … throwing her off of his horse
Romance ain’t dead.
3. When Jamie really gets his first real look at Claire
See that glint? That glint says “I want to make ginger babies with you.”
4. When Jamie stood all stoically letting Claire check his shoulder wound
“Sorry, I have to put my fingers all over you.” “Oh, no bother.”
5. When we wanted nothing more than to be a pile of hay
Throw us around a little, please, Jamie.
6. When Jamie comforted Claire
“You’ve nothing to be afraid of, lass. Except falling for me, because look at me, for Lord’s sake.”
7. When the attraction became friendship … and attraction too of course
8. When Jamie realized Claire could always hold her own
You ain’t seen nothing yet, Scot.
9. When sometimes just handing over a blanket with the slightest brushing of fingers was enough
ZAP! “Oh that? That’s called ELECTRICITY, Jamie.”
10. When Jamie protected Claire’s bedroom
Uh. OK. You just… be right there. We’ll be over here THINKING ABOUT THAT.
11. When Jamie dropped the Fraser motto in perfect French
So there’s this song? It goes like “voulez-vous coucher avec moi?” You’ve not heard it? No?
12. When Claire’s wedding dress was revealed
#FashionGoals but the supermarket is a little too casual.
13. When Jamie made an important distinction on their wedding night
Clarifications are good, sure. Let’s think about that. OK DONE THINKING. Sleep is overrated!
14. When Claire needed a little more liquid courage
It’s ain’t you, Jamie. It’s ok.
15. When Claire realized Jamie may have been a virgin, but he was no monk
16. When Claire realized that belt just had to LEAVE NOW
Drop that belt, Claire. Toss it aside. BAD BELT.
17. When the kilt decided to join the belt
Well, the belt was kind of important for keeping the kilt up, see.
18. When Jamie and Claire just about devoured each other
19. When Claire just wanted to look at Jamie
Just stand there. Thanks.
When … eh, we just don’t have a caption
Just stay here a minute. We won’t judge.
20. When the night’s intimacy gave way to morning and they just needed to reconnect
Just touching fingers is good. Hey, nice knee.
21. When they just couldn’t keep their hands off of each other
(Yes we know what happened after this, but focus on the ravaging for a second, will you?)
22. When Claire chose Jamie over Frank
Humble, crying, oh for goodness sake, KISS THAT MAN.
23. When Jamie told Claire why he married her …
(See #4 glint moment up above.)
24. … and she professed her love
25. When they set off for France to find healing and a new life
As long as they have each other, they have enough.
Check out how some of “Outlander’s” stars and fans are celebrating #WorldOutlanderDay too: