It’s true: “Parenthood” is officially over. All that remains is the memory of the Braverman family and a pile of crumpled tissues in the corner of your house that you used during the finale. How will you go on? What will you do on Thursday nights at 10? How will you get your weekly cry in?
But don’t give up just yet — there is a light at the end of the tunnel: “Parenthood” lives on in song.
The NBC show has had a killer soundtrack for six seasons, which means anytime you’re feeling down and you need a Braverman pick-me-up, all you need to do is listen to a little Bob Dylan or any other tune from the series to get you back in the mood.
To give you a little push, Zap2it has put together an ultimate “Parenthood” playlist, which includes all of songs featured in the finale.
1. ‘Trusty and True’ by Damien Rice
2. ‘Place To Be’ by Nick Drake
3. ‘You and Me’ by Sara Watkins
4. ‘Always You’ by Ingrid Michelson
5. ‘Treasure’ by Bruno Mars
6. ‘Corcovado’ by Stan Getz, Astrud Gilberto and Antonio Carlos Jobim
7. ‘Wild World’ by Jimmy Cliff
8. ‘You Are the Best Thing’ by Ray LaMontagne
9. ‘Maybe I’m Amazed’ by Billy Joel
10. ‘Home Again’ by Michael Kiwanuka
11. ‘Forever Young’ by Sam Beam and Rhiannon Giddens